TheDirectorsBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A FM Forum for the Director in all of us...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Site Improvement Suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve
Backup
Backup
Steve

Site Improvement Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Basically do what the title suggests. If you think of something that could be improved on please suggest it here.
Back to top Go down
https://thedirectorsbox.forumotion.com
Danny
Administrator
Administrator
Danny

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:06 am

If we can get it, a "Latest Posts" bar?
Back to top Go down
Steve
Backup
Backup
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:18 am

Danny wrote:
If we can get it, a "Latest Posts" bar?

Not entirely sure, I will search the hosts general forum to see if it can be got. Also want to see the best way of putting up attachments Smile
Back to top Go down
Brian
NooB
NooB
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:57 am

The website needs a Unique Selling Point for when you have a domain to attract new people.

3D kits is one idea but I cannot make them so it may not be viable. Im useless at coding etc so Cannot make a scouting tool or anything like that. soz

Maybe a Custom Database/Scenarios/challenge section where a few of us post a database with a scenario and set a challenge and if you complete the challenge you get say 10 points (depending on difficulty).

Then set up a leaderboard or something
Back to top Go down
Steve
Backup
Backup
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:30 am

Nice idea Brian. An ideal I always liked was a challenge of the month where everybody is given the same game version and have to win a league, avoid relegation, make the CL places etc.
Maybe upload a save where there is 6 months to play. 6 months is a reasonable amount in a week. Whoever completes certain targets get a set number of points.
I will have a think about it and post a thread in future. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brian
NooB
NooB
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:50 am

I was thinking more of a complete section for it with no set time.

There could be some short term, some long term and some with wierd scenarios.

I just havent seen something like it on any other FM websites so it would be a cool feature to have
Back to top Go down
Steve
Backup
Backup
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:01 am

Sure thing. I will set up a challenge/custom db forum and have the challenge league as a sub forum..much like kotw is on fm Base. We can set challenges according to difficulty.
I was thinking:
Easy: 5 points (win the league with a top 6 team)
Medium:10 points ( win the league with a mid table team)
Hard:20 points ( win the league with a team ranked in the bottom 5 of a league or make CL group stages with a club from the first or second qualifing round)
Very hard 40 points (something like the pentagon challenge)

Will set up the forums now but will do threads tomorrow.
If anybody wishes to start off challenges they may do so
Back to top Go down
Brian
NooB
NooB
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:16 am

If you want I can set up some scenarios etc over the next few days.

Certain things like win a competitive game with San Marino could be ones too.
I just thought it would be a cool idea to have unusual and usual challenges for people to have a leaderboard that they can compare against. Smile
Back to top Go down
Steve
Backup
Backup
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:23 am

Yeah, it is a good idea Brian. First challenge is up.
I placed it inside the Challenges/Custom DB section.

Feel free to add more challenges mate Smile
Back to top Go down
SammyT
NooB
NooB
SammyT

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:32 am

woudl it be possible to make a global sticky with links to athreads that cover all the common questions and guide threads?

e.g. a how to use teh data editor thread and the making money with clubs thread are atickied in their respective sections but no matter which section of teh forum you are on you can access a thread where links to all of these are kept.

In my mind it would help simplify the layout a bit, help out with navigation and hopefully it will help reduce the chance of duplicate threads and threads in the wrong section.
Back to top Go down
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?Vmj
Steve
Backup
Backup
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Sure thing Sammy. I will make sure to do so in the coming days when I create a few more similar threads and they will be placed in general discussion Smile
Back to top Go down
Brian
NooB
NooB
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:28 am

Site has quitened down alot recently. I seriously think the site needs a good USP to keep members and attract new ones
Back to top Go down
Steve
Backup
Backup
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:42 am

Brian wrote:
Site has quitened down alot recently. I seriously think the site needs a good USP to keep members and attract new ones

It sure has, not many posts being made. Sad

I have considered a few options. First one being change to a lighter skin which I will have to create myself(will take some time. Site may be inactve between 2 and 3 in the morning while I make some adjustments.)

But I agree, we need something unique to compete and gain new followers. I have thought about this and the best thing I can think of is an exclusive logopack as it wont be too labour intensive. I also have asked one of our members to share his database on here whick has over 200 legends of fooball recreated on here. The project is ongoing and he may decide to share on here. Will also add a downloads category which will cover all graphics and some of it will be exclusive graphics that cant be accesed until you sign up.
Back to top Go down
Brian
NooB
NooB
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:42 am

getting a domain name will also help as it will raise you up on google searches. I can find out other factors in their algorithim for you aswell probably.

I would like to contribute more but I'm not very good at editing/coding/photoshopping etc :p
Back to top Go down
SammyT
NooB
NooB
SammyT

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:03 am

Brian wrote:
getting a domain name will also help as it will raise you up on google searches. I can find out other factors in their algorithim for you aswell probably.

I would like to contribute more but I'm not very good at editing/coding/photoshopping etc :p

as you're a researcher for the irish leagues would it be possible for you to write a guide of somesort for them as it's a league i might be interested in at some point but due to the fairly low standard and my lack of knowledge i don't know which club would be a good challenge and which ones would be too easy/ too hard for me.

and I'm sure sean mentioned something on fm-base at some point about sarch engine optimisation which would come in very helpful in terms of getting the site recognised by google and otehr search engines as a top site.
Back to top Go down
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?Vmj
Brian
NooB
NooB
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:43 am

SammyT wrote:
Brian wrote:

as you're a researcher for the irish leagues would it be possible for you to write a guide of somesort for them as it's a league i might be interested in at some point but due to the fairly low standard and my lack of knowledge i don't know which club would be a good challenge and which ones would be too easy/ too hard for me.

and I'm sure sean mentioned something on fm-base at some point about sarch engine optimisation which would come in very helpful in terms of getting the site recognised by google and otehr search engines as a top site.

yeh SEO is what Google uses but they have hundreds of algorithims (big mathematical and data equations) that are weighted that rank websites. using this website will not help at all as this website is blocked on sub antivirus things and that is a negative factor. most of the factors are unknown but a guy in my year in school is trying to find out as many of them as possible to sell to big businesses.

I will write a guide when the new patch comes out if you want as the Irish league is bugged and wrong at the minute due to unlucky guesses and 1 or 2 bugs. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Improvement Suggestions   Site Improvement Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Improvement Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDirectorsBox :: The Directors Box :: Site Feedback and Suggestions-
Jump to: