TheDirectorsBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A FM Forum for the Director in all of us...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The what have you watched thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve
Backup
Backup
Steve

The what have you watched thread Empty
PostSubject: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 am

Basically just tell the other members what the last movie you watched was,
What it was about and
Was it any good?
Back to top Go down
https://thedirectorsbox.forumotion.com
Brian
NooB
NooB
Brian

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:38 am

Inglorious Basterds was the last film I watched.

I enjoyed it and I thought it was well written if a bit far-fetched.

I am a sucker for dark comedy though
Back to top Go down
Steve
Backup
Backup
Steve

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:03 am

Last film I watched honestly was Dirty Dancing last night.
The missus made me watch it because I dragged her to see Mission Imposssible and Sherlock Holmes last weekend.

Dirty Dancing gets a 6/10 for me
It is alright as a chick flick and is a classic but then again Chick flicks arent really my thing

MI:Ghost Protocol gest a 7/10
To be fair it was one of the better MIs but it still left a lot to be desired. It promised so much but didnt deliver on all fronts.

Sherlock Holmes gets a 6/10 also
I loved the first one but this one really let me down. The plot just didnt seem strong enough for me and I wasnt entirely convinced by the acting.

Back to top Go down
Danny
Administrator
Administrator
Danny

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:44 pm

My last film I watched was Defiance.

I give it 8/10, really good, gritty WW2-From-Another-View film.

Would recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Shakhtardfc1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:56 am

Can this also include TV shows?

If so, the TV show of Sherlock seems alot better than the film. Six 1½ hour episodes over 2 series. Shows you the brilliance of Steven Moffat and co, and Benedict Cumberbatch has some amazing performances. Well worth watching.

Rating: 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Samv
NooB
NooB

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:13 pm

I managed to watch the new episode of Top Gear yesterday. I have to say, I love Lamborghini, especially the LP670-SV but the Lamborghini Aventador....theres no words to describe, the sound is better than a women in bed, the looks, the speed...I think my love for Lamborghini has just increased that little bit more, haha.
Back to top Go down
Danny
Administrator
Administrator
Danny

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Samv wrote:
I managed to watch the new episode of Top Gear yesterday. I have to say, I love Lamborghini, especially the LP670-SV but the Lamborghini Aventador....theres no words to describe, the sound is better than a women in bed, the looks, the speed...I think my love for Lamborghini has just increased that little bit more, haha.

I think everyone now loves that car after that! And Hammond being ignored by the Italian AA was pretty funny too Smile
Back to top Go down
Shakhtardfc1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:03 am

As much as I dislike their music, and him inparticular, he does a great thing (Will.I.Am)

Aventador is amazing Very Happy I want it!!

The Imola piece they did gave me the chills. Going through the names of people who have crashed. Then just before he said it, super chill down the spine, and then comes his name..
Back to top Go down
Samv
NooB
NooB

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 am

Danny - Ahh, I couldn't stop laughing! "Please talk to me, or notice me even".

Shakhtardfc1 - from what happend in the interview, Will.I.Am seems like a great guy, some of the things he does is simply mind-blowing. Yeah that was pretty amazing, I had a chill down my spine when Ratzenberger & Senna's names brought up.

I have so much respect for Richard Hammond. He had that huge accident and he still has the bottle to step into a car and do 200+MPH flat out and also from the previews race in NASCAR! Many people wouldn't have stepped foot into a car after suffering them injuries. He has some amazing bottle and determination.
Back to top Go down
Shakhtardfc1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:40 am

Agreed. I have a new found respect for him after that, as with many that come on the show.. Doesn't change the fact I dislike him and his music though.

And also agreed. And it was 200mph in a car with no tech keeping you on the road. Just you, and the steering wheel. He's got spunk & balls, and I like that!
Back to top Go down
Steve
Backup
Backup
Steve

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Gotta love top gear Smile

Im currently watching Greys Anatomy. Seems to be a good stary to it and for some reason I have a strange Crush on Ellen Pompeo. Katherine Heigl is well fit in the first couple of series too Smile
Back to top Go down
Shakhtardfc1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:35 am

Apparently, some Indians have complained about the Boxing Day special

Anyway, recently watched Mrs Brown's Boys. The first series was good, but nothing really special. So for that, 7/10.

Second series went from that, built on it and has made me laugh more times than Billy Connelly and Russell Howard. 10/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The what have you watched thread   The what have you watched thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The what have you watched thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDirectorsBox :: General :: TV and Movies-
Jump to: